Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Nano-second Images

A friend sent these wonderful pictures along to me recently from Widelec.org and I found them amazing how the action is completely stopped without the photographs becoming blurred. The top picture reminds me of my own bank account. ;-)
Embiggen them and enjoy!

Now you know this one's going to hurt.

Notice both the hombre and el toro, have their tongues out in anticipation of their prize.

This type of landing can result in the severing of the spinal cord resulting in paralysis from the neck and shoulders down.


One can still see the pilot in this crash. ( Where's Gawpo when you need his commentary?!) ;-)

I wonder how much damage was done to the camera, not to mention the person in the line of fire.

A water hat.

Tire marks on the face are the least of his worries.

A big cat disagreement.



A little cat disagreement.


Let's see, now how was I supposed to land?


Perfect catch.

12 comments:

Joie Mayfield said...

Those are absolutely stunning. The water hat was my favorite.

Butch said...

Joie: I thought so as well. I wonder if multiple pictures were taken and then the best one was chosen for this composite?

Joie Mayfield said...

I would love to see a series of the shots! From water above head to landing, etc. As for your question, I'm sure it was a multi-shot exposure, and the best one was selected.

Butch said...

Joie: I would as well, and I guessed it most likely, was the multiple picture exposures as you pointed out. Thanks for confirming it.

Wonder Man said...

love it, the water cap is great

Butch said...

Wonder Man: I like it as well.

Joe Jubinville said...

The rider in the second image is slamming on the front (right hand) brake only. Not good.

Here's what happens when small cats and big dogs disagree.

Butch said...

Joe: Yes, it looked like he was trying to stand the bike on the front wheel when the hydraulics failed and the front wheel broke.

One can never have on too much leather when meeting the road on a "road-rash" dive.

Anonymous said...

Those are amazing shots. The last one is a classic!

While not funny like these, have you ever checked out Morguefile? They are a stock photography site that has some really stunning images.

Butch said...

Al: I know my camera is not able to take photos at that speed and I'm glad everyone enjoyed them as much as I did. I will check out the site you mentioned, thanks.

Java said...

That is SO COOL!!! I like the water hat, but I think I like the bear catching the fish even better. Remarkable.

Leave it to a doctor to point out the fall that will break you neck and leave you paralyzed. Ewww.

Butch said...

Java: Glad you enjoyed it. Regarding the skateboard accident: Sometimes I just can't help it. ;-)