Monday, July 13, 2009

The Flowers of the yard and a solarium surprise

This is one of two African Violets I have in bloom. This one shows off its beautiful blueish-purple and white colours among the other plants.


This is the other one.



Because of my injuries, I was unable to get out into the yard to capture these wild roses in their prime. The first bunch were pink and then came the red ones.


Look closely and you will see the moss growing on the bench in the design that runs along the flat surface. I thought this looked rather neat.




My "better late than never" lilies have finally made their entrance this year. The plant is much smaller this year than what I remember of last years flowers.




2 comments:

MartininBroda said...

It’s good you’ve made again a break from the break, I hope your injuries are not anymore that bad, but why want you capture wild roses or was it a wild sprout at a cultivated rose, that would of course be a bit unpleasant.

Word verification is more entertaining than my comment: schemata.

Butch said...

Martin: Thank you, Martin. I have to be careful walking, stepping down into the garage, (how it originally happened) and distances. If I walk too far, both legs fatique which makes me cautious because both legs are now injured and if one gives out, the other will not be of any help and down I go.

Our back yard is hilly and the topography is hard to walk upon when one is unstable from the start. When the roses first started blooming I wasn't well enough to go down a small step and walk in the yard so I missed them when they were in their prime. Eventually, I was able to get out there and snap a few pictures.

Unfortunately, I reinjured my elbow. It was healing nicely and I forgot about it. I tried to open a jar top and had an acute pain travel through my elbow. I have had to start from the beginning again in the healing process.
(Live and learn)

I liked your word verification. ;-)