Monday, October 19, 2009

Christmas in October


Steve got me a Cuisinart Food Processor for my Christmas present this year. ( a special edition model ) It is "top-of-the-line" with a chrome housing. This weight between 16 and 20 lbs, and I'll have to check those numbers to make sure. I will add a picture of it once I get some things out of the way today.
I decided to try two of the recipes from the recipe book that is sent along with the machine. One was a Vegetarian style pizza, which was simply delicious and the other was an Old World Apple-custard pie. ( again, absolutely, delicious! The above picture is the pie, of course. )
This machine makes the best dough I have ever made, either by hand or by my Kitchen-Aid with the dough-hook attachment. It's so easy, for one thing. I do not know why we waited so long to get one ( for me ). ;-)
I am a gatherer of machines and I had to fight the urge to keep my La Machine and a tiny Cuisinart that wasn't anywhere near large enough to handle what I wanted from it. So, They all went into the trash barrel and I walked away from it with barely any guilt.
I wish I could share a piece of that pie with you, but most of it has been shared by some neighbors and friends, so, you will have to settle for a virtual slice of pie.
Enjoy!

2 comments:

Greg said...

That pie looks fantastic! Yummm.

Butch said...

Greg: It was, it was, thanks! ;-) I've been looking for excuses to use it and everything I prepare from it turns out well. My pie dough and pizza pie dough are quite different from my previous undertakings and I thought those were good. This just does such a better job. I like the fact that it has a 3/4 horsepower engine in it. One could chop small tree branches through it, I would imagine. ;-) ( I won't do it, just a thought. ) ;-)