Thursday, October 1, 2009

Waiting for the Mailman

Seán knows when it's about time for the mail man to drop off the mail at our mail box. He will stand up in the window watching. He recognizes the sound of the mail truck's engine, and he understands the word, "mailman." We used to spell m-a-i-l-m-a-n in front of him to where he now understands that. So, we now say the word, "Letter-carrier", which, he hasn't learned yet.
Seán is very proud because he gets to go out to the mail box off of his leash. He puffs up and trots out there showing off, if you ask me. ;-)
This picture is of Steve and Seán watching the mail man deliver the mail. I wasn't able to capture what it looks like from behind very well but, it does make me smile every time I see him do it.

2 comments:

Greg said...

Ha ha, that's great. I've seen that sort of watchful dance in dogs many a time. It never fails to bring a smile.

: ) <----- See?

Butch said...

Greg: I know what you mean. I've been wanting to get a picture of that but never seem to have the camera at hand. Well, this time I did, though I wish it would have come out the way I normally see it. Hope all is well with you.