Saturday, May 1, 2010

April showers bring May flowers.


This Ivy stayed out all year and has never looked healthier. I usually would bring it in and keep it in the solarium for the winter months but, it was on the deck, under the eves and well protected from frost. It seems to like this corner as well.


" April showers brings May's flowers, " or so it is said. Our yard has started to become more colorful with the addition of the flowers.





This flower box has been very busy these past weeks and there is more to come.




The Wedding Tree ( Weeping Cherry Tree ) has already bloomed and once that happens, the leaves come next. Under neath the blue bells are making their appearance.




They're really beautiful this year.




2 comments:

Greg said...

Oh, poop, I'm late to visit your spring garden this year, but how lovely it is!! I hope May's treating you kindly, my friend!

Your bluebells are putting on quite a show. Such a treat they are - and your ivy with the yellow flowers is a ground cover (some say a thug) called lamium, also known as Creeping Jenny. I carried some through many gardens from a family cutting.

When you plant it outdoors, you can pin those long trailing vines to the ground with paperclips and new fountains of vine will shoot up in new directions. It's really a fun plant to watch, if you have the room to let it play.

And those pretty yellow flowers in the shade? Say no more - you had me at yellow!

Butch said...

Greg: I've been terrible getting around to your wonderful blog myself this year. Too, many irons in the fire but, when I do, I am always amazed at your "green thumb" and even better, your artistic ability at photography. Thanks for the visit as I always injoy your comments.